Barnsley’s Jacob Butterfield reported to have signed for Norwich City
Barnsley midfielder Jacob Butterfield is reported to have signed for Norwich City.
The Canaries today declined to comment on a Barnsley Chronicle report that the 22-year-old had put pen to paper on a deal at Carrow Road.
The Championship club are said to have rejected City's bid for Butterfield, who is out of contract, and the deal is now likely to go to tribunal as the player is under 24.
Butterfield said last week he would only leave Barnsley for a club in the top flight.
He joined Barnsley at 16 and made exactly 100 appearances for the club, scoring eight goals. He was made captain by manager Keith Hill last season and impressed before injuring his knee against Leeds in December, after which he was ruled out for the rest of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Sky Sports said Barnsley considered the original offer from Norwich as 'derisory'.
- 1 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 2 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 7 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 8 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 9 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 10 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat