Barnsley 2, Norwich City 1 - How the match unfolded
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Re-live Norwich City's defeat to Barnsley in the Championship at Oakwell.
Norwich City slumped to another Championship away defeat with a 2-1 loss at Barnsley.
Tom Bradshaw and Conor Hourihane gave the hosts a 2-0 lead in the first half before Nelson Oliveira pulled a goal back for the Canaries with a long range strike in the 52nd minute.
City manager Alex Neil made one change from the starting line up that hammered Brentford 5-0 in the Championship with Josh Murphy making only his second start of the campaign in place of Steven Naismith. Murphy's elevation to the XI created a small piece of family history, with brother Jacob on the opposite flank for the first time together in the starting line up in the league at senior level for the Canaries.
Olsson returned to the substitutes' bench following a knee problem that kept him out against the Bees. Alex Tettey (hip), Cameron Jerome (back) and Michael McGovern (knee) were absent.
City were punished in the 12th minute when Bradshaw got across Seb Bassong at the near post to sweep a right-footed shot past John Ruddy.
Reds' captain Hourihane crashed a rising shot beyond Ruddy after Norwich were again cut open down their left five minutes before the interval.
- 1 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 2 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 3 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 4 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 5 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 6 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 7 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 8 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 9 Schools in Norfolk face classroom closures due to coronavirus
- 10 Great Yarmouth's model village Banksy sold at auction
Neil opted for a double change at the break with Olsson and Youssouf Mulumbu replacing Josh Murphy and Pritchard.
Oliveira dragged City back into the contest with a screamer on his left foot from fully 30 yards that flew past Davies low into his bottom right-hand corner but it wasn't enough.