Back to business for Norwich City’s Leroy Fer
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Leroy Fer returns to training with Norwich City on Monday with Neil Adams insisting there have been no acceptable offers for his World Cup goalscorer.
QPR boss Harry Redknapp has made it clear he wants to recruit the powerful midfielder, who has also been linked with Southampton and Sevilla this summer, but Adams has reiterated he wants the newly-married 24-year-old on board for the Championship assault.
'There is no deal accepted. There is no offer accepted. He is our player and he is back and training with us on Monday,' said Adams. 'I have said many, many times I want to keep Leroy. He is coming back from the World Cup and of course there is bound to be interest in him. Ideally you want to keep him.
'He has just had his wedding and his honeymoon and he comes back to us and he is a Norwich City player. I am sure there will be speculation and rumour with him and understandably so. He is a player Premier League clubs are going to want.
'We know our best players will be in demand and if they are and the money gets to a certain level then it's up to the chief executive and the board to decide if it's in the interests of the club. They are all top, top players.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 6 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 10 Full-back signs for Burnley after Canaries release