Ba laments Newcastle injuries
Newcastle United striker Demba Ba believes their defeat to the Canaries would have been a completely different story had they had their first-choice central defenders available.
With Fabricio Coloccini and Steven Taylor unavailable through injury it was clear Danny Simpson and James Perch were always going to struggle against the aerial power of Steve Morison and Grant Holt and so it proved.
'If we had our centre-backs who are big and can head the ball, it would have been different,' said Ba.
'Defence was the key because they were playing the long balls and it's always difficult for Danny Simpson to compete against Holt or Morison.
'So I don't know if other teams coming here are going to struggle, but they'll just have to put their bigger lads on the pitch and they'll be fine.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp