Away wins are popular when Norwich City meet West Brom
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Swansea City's scrappy winner at Wigan on Tuesday, which handed them an unlikely 3-2 victory, could prove pivotal to Norwich City's top flight survival.
The Latics are 2/7 (BetVictor.com) to be relegated, while Norwich are William Hill's 6/1 second favourites with Newcastle, surprisingly, priced at 10/1 by bet365.
Bookies occasionally get it wrong, of course, and prior to the Canaries' meeting with West Bromwich Albion at Carrow Road tomorrow, it's worth noting that five of the pair's last seven league encounters have ended with the away team registering three points. It's a statistic which accounts for the popularity of Stan James's 9/4 price posted about an Albion victory.
The Canaries, offered at 6/5 by bet365, are now desperate for points and will be mindful that they surrendered a one-goal lead when visiting The Hawthorns in December, eventually losing 2-1. The likelihood of a 2-1 win for Norwich this time out is rated at 15/2 by Skybet.
December's result was typical of this fixture. Only twice in the pair's last 18 league meetings has the outcome been settled by more than one goal. Punters anticipating a similarly close result tomorrow can get 3/1 (Ladbrokes) against the Canaries winning by a one-goal margin, while BetVictor.com chalks a massive 12/1 about it ending goalless.
You may also want to watch:
In other markets, Paddy Power quote 3/1 about Chris Hughton's men keeping a clean sheet and Stan James posts 9/2 about both halves finishing in stalemate.
It will come as no surprise to learn that Ladbrokes' 13/5, chalked about the draw, has proved enormously popular, especially as City have drawn six of their last 13 league matches. With Manchester City to come next weekend, though, City fans will hope that their side can take all three points from an Albion team that has won only once in seven outings.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
Skybet's 7/2, offered against the score-draw, holds obvious appeal, but as this is a fixture Norwich almost certainly need to win, BetVictor's 17/2 for them to secure a 1-0 win, and Stan James's 10/1, chalked about a 2-0 home victory, have been backed as much in hope as expectation.