Aston Villa announce pending signing of Norwich City keeper Jed Steer
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images
Highly-rated Norwich City youngster Jed Steer is poised to re-join Paul Lambert at Aston Villa - according to the Midlands' club's official site on Wednesday afternoon.
The Canaries are yet to officially confirm Steer's pending departure with Villa now publicly claiming he will join on July 1 as a free agent - leaving City to seek compensation for a player under the age of 24.
'Bringing in Jed will also add to the goalkeeping cover,' said Lambert on Villa's official site. 'It helps with everyone pushing on one another, learning from one another and making everyone better and wanting to improve.'
Steer would link up with the likes of Shay Given and Brad Guzan at Villa Park, where Lambert has also recruited development coach Scott Marshall and two of the Canaries' strength and conditioning coaches in recent days.
Lambert gave Steer his Norwich first team debut in an FA Cup win at West Brom in January 2012. Steer also played in the following round which ended in 2-1 home defeat to Leicester. The 20-year-old also had loan spells at Yeovil and Cambridge United.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council