As Ricky van Wolfswinkel gets set to sign for Saint Etienne, is he the worst Norwich City signing of all time?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
His arrival for £8.5m from Sporting Lisbon was greeted with huge excitement.
But after scoring on his debut against Everton, Ricky van Wolfswinkel's goals dried up and his form faltered.
Now he is set to secure a season-long loan at Saint Etienne - with a view to a cut-price £4.75m permanent move at the end of the season.
Some fans feel he was ill-used and out of luck at Norwich City, and would have come good, given better service.
Others are convinced that he was simply a poor signing by former City boss Chris Hughton, and the Canaries are right to try to cut their losses.
You may also want to watch:
We'd like to know your views. Was he unlucky? Or was he a waste of money?
Please add your comments below - including your suggestions for Norwich's worst signing ever.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 4 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 5 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 6 City closing in on Werder Bremen striker
- 7 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 8 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 9 Jailed in July: Drug dealing, knife crime and manslaughter
- 10 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
We've given a few ideas to get you thinking.
? Drazen Muzinic
? Darren Beckford
? Dean Coney
? Mike Sheron
? Michael Theoklitos
? Raymond de Waard
? Owain Tudur Jones
? Steve Walsh
? Matthieu Louis-Jean
? Thomas Helveg.