Arsenal Under-21s 1, Norwich City Under-21s 1 - Debuts for Mark Bunn and Alexander Tettey
Recent signings Mark Bunn and Alexander Tettey got their first competitive run-outs for their new club last night as Norwich City's Under-21 side drew 1-1 with their Arsenal counterparts.
Goalkeeper Bunn and midfielder Tettey both came through the full 90 minutes at Underhill, as did another summer recruit, defender Michael Turner.
Chris Martin also featured as an over age player – but it was youngster Jacob Murphy who grabbed the headlines with a late equaliser to ruin Arsenal's 100pc start to the season.
Murphy struck six minutes from time after Sanchez Watt had given Arsenal the lead in the first half.
It came as something of a surprise when the home side took the lead just before the half-hour mark.
Craig Eastmond flicked Conor Henderson's deep corner across goal to Watt, who tapped home from four yards.
City grabbed their deserved equaliser when Ignasi Miquel's clearance hit Reece Hall-Johnson and rebounded fortuitously into the Murphy's path. He charged through on goal before opening his body up and guiding a right-footed effort beyond Damian Martinez and into the net.
- 1 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 2 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 3 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 4 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
- 5 House boarded up after fight in Norfolk village
- 6 Alleged fly-tipper smashed through hedge after being locked inside property grounds
- 7 Landowner to close path after abuse from dog owners letting pets off lead
- 8 YouTube professional eater smashes 100oz steak challenge at Norfolk pub
- 9 Norfolk spot named among UK's best waterside pubs
- 10 'Carnage' as fight involving axes breaks out after van crashes into house
A draw was probably a fair result in a game of few clear-cut chances.
• Norwich: Bunn, McNeil, Turner, Sheriff, Barker, Jacob Murphy, Tettey, Josh Murphy (King, 60) Clunan (Hall-Johnson, 70) Loza (Gafaiti 80), Martin. Subs (not used): Steer, Durojaiye.