Arsenal Under-21s 1, Norwich City Under-21s 1 - Debuts for Mark Bunn and Alexander Tettey
Recent signings Mark Bunn and Alexander Tettey got their first competitive run-outs for their new club last night as Norwich City's Under-21 side drew 1-1 with their Arsenal counterparts.
Goalkeeper Bunn and midfielder Tettey both came through the full 90 minutes at Underhill, as did another summer recruit, defender Michael Turner.
Chris Martin also featured as an over age player – but it was youngster Jacob Murphy who grabbed the headlines with a late equaliser to ruin Arsenal's 100pc start to the season.
Murphy struck six minutes from time after Sanchez Watt had given Arsenal the lead in the first half.
It came as something of a surprise when the home side took the lead just before the half-hour mark.
You may also want to watch:
Craig Eastmond flicked Conor Henderson's deep corner across goal to Watt, who tapped home from four yards.
City grabbed their deserved equaliser when Ignasi Miquel's clearance hit Reece Hall-Johnson and rebounded fortuitously into the Murphy's path. He charged through on goal before opening his body up and guiding a right-footed effort beyond Damian Martinez and into the net.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 8 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 9 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 10 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
A draw was probably a fair result in a game of few clear-cut chances.
• Norwich: Bunn, McNeil, Turner, Sheriff, Barker, Jacob Murphy, Tettey, Josh Murphy (King, 60) Clunan (Hall-Johnson, 70) Loza (Gafaiti 80), Martin. Subs (not used): Steer, Durojaiye.