Arsenal Under-18s 3, Norwich City Under-18s 0
The young Canaries were beaten in their FA Premier Academy League National Group One game at London Colney on Saturday – despite the Gunners playing almost the entire second half with defender Isaac Hayden in goal.
Goalkeeper Josh Vickers suffered a nasty-looking injury just after half-time and Hayden was called upon with no replacement 'keeper on the Arsenal bench.
First-half goals from Austin Lipman and Jon Toral had given Arsenal a two-goal cushion at the break.
City could have halved the deficit before half-time when Henry Randall's shot was cleared off the line by Thomas Dallison.
Brandon Ormonde-Ottewill made the game safe halfway through the second half when he added a third.
You may also want to watch:
City came close to getting a consolation goal with 10 minutes to go when Zac Fagan headed substitute Dominic St Louis' header off the line, before the striker headed the rebound against the post.
Norwich City Under-18 – Matthews, Carroll, Wyatt, McGeehan (Eaton-Collins, 72 min), Edgar, McFadden, Hodd, Randall, Vidal (St Louis, 77 min), Morris, Browne. Subs (not used) Lokko, Gill, Grant.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 4 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 8 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp
• City Under-21s play their fourth match of the season tonight when they take on Arsenal at Barnet FC (7pm) in the Barclays Under-21 Premier League.