Arsenal Under-18s 3, Norwich City Under-18s 0
The young Canaries were beaten in their FA Premier Academy League National Group One game at London Colney on Saturday – despite the Gunners playing almost the entire second half with defender Isaac Hayden in goal.
Goalkeeper Josh Vickers suffered a nasty-looking injury just after half-time and Hayden was called upon with no replacement 'keeper on the Arsenal bench.
First-half goals from Austin Lipman and Jon Toral had given Arsenal a two-goal cushion at the break.
City could have halved the deficit before half-time when Henry Randall's shot was cleared off the line by Thomas Dallison.
Brandon Ormonde-Ottewill made the game safe halfway through the second half when he added a third.
City came close to getting a consolation goal with 10 minutes to go when Zac Fagan headed substitute Dominic St Louis' header off the line, before the striker headed the rebound against the post.
Norwich City Under-18 – Matthews, Carroll, Wyatt, McGeehan (Eaton-Collins, 72 min), Edgar, McFadden, Hodd, Randall, Vidal (St Louis, 77 min), Morris, Browne. Subs (not used) Lokko, Gill, Grant.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 2 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 3 Woman 'shocked' to find CCTV in Marina Centre changing room
- 4 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 5 Cromer Carnival events cancelled due to extreme heat.
- 6 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 7 Firefighters remain on scene of huge forest fire near country park
- 8 Flood alerts issued along the north Norfolk coast tomorrow morning
- 9 Investigation closed into fatal crash where car crashed into river
- 10 How region has been saved from hosepipe ban
• City Under-21s play their fourth match of the season tonight when they take on Arsenal at Barnet FC (7pm) in the Barclays Under-21 Premier League.