Arsenal U18 2, Norwich City U18 3
Three goals in the space of nine minutes were enough to give the young Canaries a notable FA Premier Academy League victory over the Gunners at London Colney.
It was City's second win on their travels this season, and although they had a three-goal advantage just after half-time, the hosts worked tirelessly to try to claw their way back.
Norwich looked positive in the early stages, but goalkeeper Matthews kept them on terms after 31 minutes when he produced a stunning save from an Olsson free-kick as the ball swerved towards the top corner.
Matthews made another diving save from Montiano before City took the lead on 40 minutes. Loza challenged Monteiro and the Arsenal defender, in a tight area, looped the ball over McDermott for an own goal.
One minute before half-time, it was 2-0 to the Canaries as Josh Murphy calmly scored from the penalty spot after Kelly was brought down in the Arsenal penalty area.
You may also want to watch:
Three minutes after the break, a corner by Kelly found McKenzie, whose header was cleared from under the crossbar.
But City added a third goal on 49 minutes as Loza followed up in another foray and got in first to head over McDermott.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 4 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 5 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 6 City closing in on Werder Bremen striker
- 7 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 8 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 9 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 10 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
Within two minutes, Arsenal reduced the arrears, Montiano finding the net, aided by deflections, from a free-kick from outside the penalty area.
Arsenal brought on two substitutes and on the hour, Neito headed wide from a superb cross by Campbell.
The Gunners grabbed a second on 63 minutes as Toral latched on to a bobbling ball to score from close range.
City defended their lead with determination and Reece-Johnson brought McDermott into action before the end.
• Norwich City Under-18: Matthews, Dobbs, Barker, Clunan, McFadden, McKenzie, Reece-Johnson, Florence, Loza (Peacock, 79), Kelly (McGeehan, 81), Josh Murphy. Subs (not used): Jacob Murphy, Norman.
• Goals: Arsenal: Montiano (51), Toral (63). City: Monteiro (og 40), Josh Murphy (pen 44), Loza (49).