Armed Forces Day being held at Carrow Road during Norwich City’s clash with Bolton Wanderers
Norwich City supporters will have the chance to show their appreciation to local members of Her Majesty's Armed Forces this afternoon.
The club is holding its annual Armed Forces Day at Carrow Road, as the Canaries take on Bolton Wanderers in their latest Premier League clash.
Both current and former service personnel will be attending the match, including representatives of The Light Dragoons from Swanton Morley, an Armoured Reconnaissance Regiment who are currently preparing to deploy to Afghanistan for the fourth time in the spring, for six months.
They will be joined by members of the First Battalion from The Royal Anglian Regiment, also due to go out to Afghanistan next month.
Service personnel from RAF Marham and members of the Norfolk Branch of the RAF Regiment Association, which is celebrating its 70th anniversary, will also be at the match.
You may also want to watch:
While members of Forces2Canaries, a supporter group comprised of City fans with military connections and City-supporting personnel, will also be attending through the organisation Tickets for Troops.
- Are you going to today's match? Send us your pictures of the troops at Carrow Road for inclusion in Monday's newspaper through www.iwitness24.co.uk
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 6 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- Follow all the latest from the match at www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/match-coverage