Armed Forces Day being held at Carrow Road during Norwich City’s clash with Bolton Wanderers
Norwich City supporters will have the chance to show their appreciation to local members of Her Majesty's Armed Forces this afternoon.
The club is holding its annual Armed Forces Day at Carrow Road, as the Canaries take on Bolton Wanderers in their latest Premier League clash.
Both current and former service personnel will be attending the match, including representatives of The Light Dragoons from Swanton Morley, an Armoured Reconnaissance Regiment who are currently preparing to deploy to Afghanistan for the fourth time in the spring, for six months.
They will be joined by members of the First Battalion from The Royal Anglian Regiment, also due to go out to Afghanistan next month.
Service personnel from RAF Marham and members of the Norfolk Branch of the RAF Regiment Association, which is celebrating its 70th anniversary, will also be at the match.
While members of Forces2Canaries, a supporter group comprised of City fans with military connections and City-supporting personnel, will also be attending through the organisation Tickets for Troops.
- Are you going to today's match? Send us your pictures of the troops at Carrow Road for inclusion in Monday's newspaper through www.iwitness24.co.uk
- 1 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 2 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 3 City pub to reopen with new owners hoping to bring back 'good old days'
- 4 Rare sighting of Northern Lights captured above Norfolk
- 5 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 6 Norfolk attraction to hold its largest ever fireworks display
- 7 Farmers call for Norfolk hosepipe ban
- 8 'I lived in one of the most remote places in Norfolk'
- 9 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 10 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- Follow all the latest from the match at www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/match-coverage