Alex Tettey misses out on winning Norway’s Gullballen award
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City midfielder Alex Tettey has missed out on winning Norwegian football's most prestigious individual trophy.
The 29-year-old was nominated for the Gullballen award – the Golden Ball – alongside Olympiakos full-back Omar Elabdellaoui and women's football star Ada Hegerberg, who plays for French side Lyon.
Tettey was in the running for his form for club and country, with Norway just missing out on qualification for Euro 2016.
Recent goals during wins over Manchester United and Southampton were not enough to win the award for Tettey though.
Hegerberg took home the trophy from Saturday night's awards ceremony in Lillehammer, having scored 26 goals in 22 games in a successful season for Lyon, finishing as the top scorer in the Champions League.
You may also want to watch:
Tettey has made 108 appearances for City since joining from Rennes in 2012.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash