Alex Pritchard gets Alex Neil’s vote after a sparkling Norwich City full league debut
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Alex Pritchard has nothing to prove to Alex Neil after an eye-catching full Championship league debut for table-topping Norwich City.
Pritchard left the field to a standing ovation at Carrow Road following an impressive display in the 3-1 win over Rotherham - capped by a cheeky nutmeg assist converted wonderfully by Wes Hoolahan.
Neil admits the big-money summer signing from Tottenham has had to be patient due to the form of Hoolahan.
'Nobody questions Alex's quality. We know how good a player he is,' said Neil. 'The difficulty Alex has got is the team have been playing so well and him and Wes in the same team at the same time, depending on who you are playing against, may not be the best combination. He has just had to bide his time but I thought this game was perfect for him to come in and show his qualities. I was really pleased for him.
'His contribution in terms of work ethic was good because the quality is not in question and I thought the link up play with Wes was good.'
Neil is running out of superlatives for Hoolahan who was a key figure in a win which put City top ahead of Tuesday's trip to Fulham.
'He is a crucial player for us. It is as simple as that and that performance is not uncommon. It is something we expect from him now,' said Neil. 'That speaks volumes for him and how highly he is regarded by the club and he is real quality. He makes the difference.
- 1 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 2 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
- 3 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 4 House boarded up after fight in Norfolk village
- 5 YouTube professional eater smashes 100oz steak challenge at Norfolk pub
- 6 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 7 'Carnage' as fight involving axes breaks out after van crashes into house
- 8 Heatwave leaves dried-up pond like 'scene from sci-fi movie'
- 9 Norfolk spot named among UK's best waterside pubs
- 10 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today