Alex Neil still has the last word on transfers at Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Alex Neil retains the final say on transfers at Norwich City despite technical director Ricky Martin taking charge of the player recruitment department, chairman Ed Balls has stressed.
Chief executive Jez Moxey announced the change of focus for the former academy boss at Wednesday's AGM.
Balls elaborated on the change following the meeting, assuring supporters that Neil remains in charge of who comes in and out of his squad.
'Ricky is reporting directly to Jez and to the board. Alex has got an absolute veto on our transfer activity,' Balls explained.
'We need to make sure that the work being done on the recruitment side is planning for the long term.
'You can't be in a position where the football side is focused at the senior management level on the coming games.
'What this allows is for Alex to focus on the pitch and the football and know that Ricky, who he trusts and works with very closely, is planning for what is now two months away. So I think that's a good outcome for all of us.'
- 1 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 2 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 3 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 4 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 5 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 6 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 9 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 10 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk