Alex Neil singles out Jonny Howson for special treatment at Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Jonny Howson sparked Norwich's great leap forward for Alex Neil.
The fit-again midfielder inspired a thumping 5-0 Championship win over Brentford to end a run of five league defeats after recovering from an ankle injury.
Howson was the pick of a glittering cast list for Neil, which included another of his returning key men, Ivo Pinto.
'What an outstanding game Jonny had. Look at his energy and I thought him and Ivo showed how important they are to us,' he said. 'From one to 11 they all performed but for two lads to come in after being out for six or seven weeks I was delighted. The points we pick up with them in the side is there for everyone to see so if you take them out of the side we miss them.
'You have to try and get everybody believing and I think this was a big step forward for us. Without doubt the best performance of the season. What we have done of late has not been good enough. It has to be the start of a good run and we can put that horrendous November to bed.'
You may also want to watch:
Alex Pritchard also grabbed his chance to impress.
'I have always gone for Wes in the 10 role but I just felt Alex was due an opportunity,' said Neil. 'We weren't getting results or playing particularly well and to fair to the wee man he responded and put in a great performance.'
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town