Alex Neil pledges Norwich City’s striker search will pay off
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City will snare a striker to fire their Championship promotion bid, promises Alex Neil.
The City chief missed out on summer moves for Steven Fletcher and Ross McCormack but Neil is adamant Norwich's patience will pay off ahead of next week's transfer window deadline.
Neil made it clear after Sunday's 1-1 derby win at Ipswich he is desperate to ease the workload on Cameron Jerome.
'I have had that sense of urgency since before the window opened. I haven't changed my tune now,' he said. 'We want to get a striker in, we are actively trying to get a striker. Is it a concern that we are relying just on Cameron? Yes, because if he gets injured, unlike the other injuries we have, we don't have the options to combat that. We are short with Kyle (Lafferty) and Carlton (Morris) at the moment.
'There is no-one more frustrated than me because I am picking the team and I want two or three options. We are down the line with certain things. We are speaking to people but it is not as clear-cut as just signing on the dotted line.
'I know exactly what is going on so for me it is not about speculation or wishing. I know the ins and outs, I know how hard we are working but certain things in football, like life, are out of your control. I am hopeful and expecting something to happen before the end of the window and I am certain it will get done. People just need to settle and it will happen.'
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 3 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 4 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 5 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 6 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 7 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 8 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 9 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 10 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale