Alex Neil is not daunted by the battle to get Norwich City back into the Premier League
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Alex Neil is up for the fight of leading Norwich City's Championship charge ahead of talks with the club's top brass.
The Scot wants to focus on a Premier League finale against Everton this weekend before thrashing out his role in the way forward. Neil was forced to deflect questions again on his own future on Thursday but the Scot is up for the challenge of spearheading Norwich's revival.
'I don't think there is any question I have what it takes,' he said. 'I have done it on two separate occasions at other clubs so there is no doubt in my mind. I have always been a resilient type so that will not be something I have to work on.
'We should have won the league (at Hamilton) in the second-to-last game and we did it the hard way through the play-offs and likewise down here we lost to Middlesbrough at home in our last league game, when we had real momentum, and that was a serious knock back. The one thing about me, I am up for the fight all the time.
'The board will have their own deliberations and chats and I will reflect on how I performed this season. I don't think there is a huge deal for me to resolve. I will reflect on my part and have a chat with the owners. The best thing to do is sit down for a couple of hours and go through everything top to tail. On the last two occasions when I have been successful as a manager that came after knock backs.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 6 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 7 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 8 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 9 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 10 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events