Alex Neil is adamant Norwich City do not fear a Capital One Cup trip to Everton after 3-0 WBA win
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Alex Neil insists Norwich City have nothing to fear after earning a Capital One Cup fourth round trip to Everton following Wednesday's 3-0 win over Premier League rivals West Brom.
The Canaries' chief was in bullish mood after watching his men sweep aside the Baggies with Matt Jarvis and Kyle Lafferty both on the mark before Sebastian Pocognoli's own goal sealed City's cup progress at Carrow Road.
'I think if you want to develop in this competition you are going to have to beat teams like Everton away. If I am being honest I would have wanted a home draw but the way we are playing now we fancy our chances against anyone,' he said. 'Looking at my squad I have more than enough confidence I can put any of them in and they will do a job. I didn't learn anything I didn't already know in this game. It is just making sure I pick the right team.'
Lafferty's goalscoring return to the ranks may have grabbed the headlines but Neil opted to praise all his troops.
'He did great,' said the Scot. 'He got his goal, and for the third goal if he is not in that position then the chances are the ball doesn't go into the net. I think with the limited time he had on the pitch he did as much as he could to be honest.
You may also want to watch:
'I thought all the guys who had an opportunity showed up exceptionally well. The desire to get into the starting XI on a regular basis was there for all to see. I thought there was a lot of good performances. Dieumerci Mbokani held the ball up well, he looked strong and I think he will improve and there was a great lay-off for the goal. I thought Gary O'Neil and Matt Jarvis was excellent as well, the lads at the back were solid and did their job. As a manager all the boxes you wanted ticked were there. I couldn't be more pleased.'
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 4 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 8 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close