Adam Drury played his part in Robert Snodgrass Norwich City deal
Norwich City new boy Robert Snodgrass revealed City Hall of Famer Adam Drury had a role to play in his Canaries' move from Leeds.
The Scottish international is expected to travel with the rest of Chris Hughton's squad for today's latest pre-season friendly against Peterborough United at London Road after completing a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
Snodgrass consulted Leeds close season recruit Drury after City stepped up their long-standing interest in the 24-year-old attacking midfielder.
And the former Livingston youth product already knows some familiar faces in Hughton's squad after making the same journey south as Jonny Howson and Bradley Johnson.
'This is something that has been going on for a few weeks now,' he said. 'The manager made it clear he had targets and once they had decided that, they've brought a few in quite quickly, which is how they work here.
'I know the two Leeds boys and I've played with a few of the other lads as part of the national team and I know Wesley Hoolahan as well. It's a great club. Bradley and Jonno have said the same and Adam Drury sold the club to us really well as well.
'Hopefully these lads are ready to kick on again because it will be another tough season in the Premier League. Jonny has not obviously had a full season with Norwich in the Premier League so it will be interesting to see where we go. It's a challenge.'
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 5 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 6 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 7 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 8 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 9 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
- 10 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
Snodgrass featured for Leeds in the opening match of their pre-season west country tour earlier this week and the midfielder is ready to hit the ground running when called upon by Hughton as the Canaries gear up for the Premier League kick-off on August 18 at Fulham.
'We had a game against Tavistock the other night and I played a lengthy time in that but I am looking forward to starting the pre-season here,' he told Norwich's official site.
'Leeds is a fantastic club, everyone knows the tradition and the fans are different class but this is a new chapter in my career.
'I'm moving further away from Scotland, so the family probably won't be happy when they have to come down and watch me, but that is all part of the sacrifices you have to make as a footballer.
'Wherever I am they will support me. I looked at different possibilities but we sat down as a family and went over various things and this was just an opportunity for my career.'