Aberdeen keen to keep Norwich City’s Smith
Norwich City's Steven Smith looks set to leave Carrow Road for good, with Aberdeen keen to keep the full-back after the end of the season.
The Dons plans to hold talks with Norwich in an effort to agree a deal for Smith, who has been a regular since heading north in January.
Smith, 25, joined City from Rangers last summer, but failed to settle, and with Marc Tierney arriving from Colchester in January and now holding down a regular first team place, it is hard to see a way back for Smith.
Meanwhile, former City midfielder, Matty Pattison, could be on his way back to Britain with Glasgow Rangers, where he is expected to become Ally McCoist's first signing as manager in the summer. Pattison, 24, is currently with Mamelodi Sundowns in his native South Africa and reports in Scotland say he 'has held positive talks with Gers boss-in-waiting McCoist and is currently finalising his personal terms'.
The report says Rangers expect to finalise the deal, for a nominal fee, in the next fortnight.
Pattison moved to Carrow Road in November, 2007 – initially on loan – and went on to make 55 appearances for the Canaries before returning to South Africa just before the start of City's League One campaign.
Former Canaries goalkeeper Joe Lewis will definitely be leaving Peterborough United in the summer – as will one-time City target Craig Mackail-Smith.
- 1 Norfolk deli owner suffers severe spinal injuries in Ibiza diving accident
- 2 Revealed: Where dangerous parasite has been reported in Norfolk
- 3 Possible foot and mouth disease case investigated at pig farm
- 4 Driver died in crash with tractor after misjudging corner on rural road
- 5 Care home which has sat empty for four years to be revived by new owners
- 6 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
- 7 Highways bosses reveal when A47 dualling work will start
- 8 7 dogs looking for new homes in Norfolk
- 9 Traffic delays after car plunges into underpass in Yarmouth
- 10 27 homes could be built in riverside village despite Broads housing ban
Posh chairman Darragh MacAnthony has confirmed he expects both to leave London Road.
The Norfolk-born Lewis has had a transfer request in since January, while Mackail-Smith has attracted plenty of interest, not least from Carrow Road.
'Craig has been magnificent for us for four years and by the age of 27 he deserves to be a multi-millionaire from the game,' said MacAnthony.
'We are not able to give him that opportunity so we will make a few quid on him and he will go on to get his just desserts – and no-one will deserve it more.
MacAnthony added: 'It is most likely we will cash in on Joe in the summer unless he comes to us and says that he doesn't want to be on the transfer list any longer and wants to sign a new contract.'