“A springboard to survival” - what the nationals made of Norwich City’s 0-0 draw with Manchester City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Here are the national newspapers' views on Saturday's 0-0 draw at Carrow Road.
The Observer: 'Norwich, meanwhile, can take heart from a point won with a spirited performance and their first clean sheet in more than two months. It could prove a springboard to survival.'
The Daily Mail: 'The fans were in terrific voice yesterday as Norwich, who had travelled together on the bus in a change from their normal routine, then parked it. They were happy to put 10 players behind the ball at times and it worked.'
The Telegraph: 'Take nothing away from Norwich, who showed the commitment and energy of a side playing for Premier League survival and were rewarded with a point and their first clean sheet in 11 games.'
The Daily Mirror: 'Norwich just can't hurt teams, Patrick Bamford started his first game for Norwich and hit the bar with a half-volley. But for all their pretty possession, Alex Neill's team lacks firepower. Throwing on Cameron Jerome and Dieumerci Mbokani didn't work either.'
You may also want to watch:
The Sunday Times: 'Left to rue two lackadaisical transfer windows, Norwich's lack of a Premier League quality striker has derailed the promise of what has intermittently had the makings of a season of survival.'
The Sunday People: 'This spirited display lifted the gloom in East Anglia.'
•Read fan reaction from the game here
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 6 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 7 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 8 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 9 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 10 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events