A look back at our archive: Norwich City v Wigan over the years
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC 2
Here is a look back at our archive of Norwich City v Wigan ahead of their match 30 March at 3:00pm
Wigan Athletic won the first encounter with City in Round 4 of the FA Cup in January 1987, but have not beaten them since.
Iwan Roberts is Norwich's top scorer against the Latics. Players who have played for both clubs include Rob Newman, Matt Jackson and Paul Dalglish.
Our first match, a Carrow Road League Cup Round 2 game from 16th September 1998, saw Norwich win 1-0. The away match was won 3-2 by City. Our second game is a Division 1 fixture from 9th April 2004, when City won 2-0. Our third match is a pre-season friendly played on 1st August, 2009. City won 3-2.
- 1 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 2 Rare sighting of Northern Lights captured above Norfolk
- 3 City pub to reopen with new owners hoping to bring back 'good old days'
- 4 Two women in hospital with serious injuries after A47 slip road crash
- 5 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 6 New planning bid to re-use long-empty pub
- 7 Organisers of Norfolk festival 'gutted' after cancelling due to fire risk
- 8 46-cabin holiday park proposed for Norfolk countryside
- 9 Coastguard hunt for missing woman in early morning search
- 10 Dental woes worsen as town's troubled surgery closes permanently
To view the gallery click the link on the top right of this story.