A look back at our archive: Norwich City v Reading over the years
- Credit: Archant
Here is a look back at our archive of Norwich City v Reading ahead of their match Saturday 20 April at 3:00pm
City played Reading in two successive matches in November 1920, winning both times. For the next forty years, until 1960, both teams played in the old Division 3 but thereafter, until 1995, the teams never met in league games, playing in different divisions. Norwich has an impressive away record against Reading, having scored in every match since 1934. Players for both clubs include Robert Fleck, Jamie Cureton and Peter Grant.
Our first match, from Division 1, dates from 16th November 1996, ending in a 1-1 draw. Our second encounter, again from Division 1, was played on 5th March 2003. City lost 1-0. Our third match, from the Championship, took place on 27th April 2009, with the Canaries losing 2-0 on this occasion.
To view the gallery, click the link at the top right of this page.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 5 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 6 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 7 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
- 8 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 9 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 10 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity