A look back at our archive: Norwich City v Manchester City over the years
Here is a look back at our archive of Norwich City v Manchester City games ahead of their match Saturday 29 December at 3pm
Norwich lost 6-0 to Manchester City in Round 4 of the FA Cup in January 1981 – their heaviest Cup defeat since 1927. The Canaries suffered their heaviest League Cup defeat to Man City in 1975, losing 6-1. From 1964 to 1997 Norwich never managed a victory away to City.
A role call of players for both teams includes Justin Fashanu, Martin O'Neill, Gary Megson and Darren Huckerby.
Our first match, from Division 1, was played on the 19th of August 1972, when Norwich lost 3-0. Our second match, again from Division 1, dates from 4th April 1981, this time the Canaries won 2-0. Our third match, from the Premiership, was an encounter from 20th November 1993 which ended in a 1-1 draw.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 4 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 5 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 6 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 7 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages