A look back at our archive: Norwich City v Aston Villa over the years
- Credit: Archant
Here is a look back at our archive of Norwich City v Aston Villa ahead of their match Saturday MAy 4.
Villa won 4-1 at Carrow Road in April 1975 in Division League Cup with a late goal from Ray Graydon. Both clubs were promoted at season's end. In 1984 Norwich knocked Villa out of the FA Cup, but lost to them six days later in the League Cup.
Players for both clubs include Kevin Keelan, John Deehan and John Fashanu.
You may also want to watch:
Our first match, from Division 2, was played on 14th February 1970 with the Canaries recording a 3-1 win. Our second encounter, from Division 1, dates from 1st December 1979 and was a 1-1 draw. Our third game, from Division 1, took place on 11th November 1989, City winning 2-0.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected