A look back at our archive: Norwich City v Aston Villa over the years
- Credit: Archant
Here is a look back at our archive of Norwich City v Aston Villa ahead of their match Saturday MAy 4.
Villa won 4-1 at Carrow Road in April 1975 in Division League Cup with a late goal from Ray Graydon. Both clubs were promoted at season's end. In 1984 Norwich knocked Villa out of the FA Cup, but lost to them six days later in the League Cup.
Players for both clubs include Kevin Keelan, John Deehan and John Fashanu.
Our first match, from Division 2, was played on 14th February 1970 with the Canaries recording a 3-1 win. Our second encounter, from Division 1, dates from 1st December 1979 and was a 1-1 draw. Our third game, from Division 1, took place on 11th November 1989, City winning 2-0.
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 2 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 3 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 4 9 West End shows heading to Norwich in 2023
- 5 Congestion eases after crash on outskirts of Norwich by A47 junction
- 6 Brick and flint north Norfolk cottage a stone's throw from the beach on sale for £650k
- 7 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 8 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 9 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 10 Can you spot yourself in our pictures from Reepham Festival?