Page at the double for Norwich CBS
- Credit: Archant
Norwich CBS made a winning return to their home ground after a four-week absence when they beat March Town 2-0.
The FDC pitch at Bowthorpe passed a 10am inspection with the pitch wet, but playable.
CBS started brightly, creating chances on a regular basis, and broke the deadlock in the 19th minute, when Jordan Attree headed back across goal for James Page to head in from two yards.
After the break Page made it 2-0 when he pounced on a loose pass and drove into the box to slot past the oncoming keeper.
March were reduced to 10 men when their captain appeared to strike out at Attree while battling for a corner which resulted in a penalty.
You may also want to watch:
Page stepped up in an attempt to seal his hat-trick but failed to convert.
CBS were reduced to 10 men when Chris Owen saw red after a similar incident, which left most in the ground bemused.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 9 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 10 Plea for farmers to engage with public over footpath fears