Norwich boxing show postponed
Saturday's big fight at the Norfolk Showground has been postponed.
The event was to have marked the return to the ring by Cromer fighter Michael Walsh, with more than 1,200 tickets sold. His brother Ryan, Norwich fighters Nathan Dale and Scott Moises as well as Lowestoft's Paul Davis were also on the bill.
A statement from Shamrock Promotions said: 'Due to difficulties which arose in the last few days running up to the tournament and then in particular on Monday when we were notified that there was a potential problem with the opponent (George Gachechiladze) for Michael Walsh everyone worked very hard to ensure that the show went ahead even if the worst happen and the opponent was not available.
'It is the busiest weekend for boxing that the UK has seen for quite some time with six shows scheduled for the weekend on the 5/6/7th July with an unprecedented 58 fights. Hence opponents of the calibre required are in very short supply so a replacement could not be found.'
All current tickets will be valid for the show, which will now be staged on September 15.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 9 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 10 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival