Norwich boxer Scott Moises face tough test in Manchester
Norwich boxer Scott Moises is heading north next month trying to end the unbeaten record of top featherweight prospect Terry Flannigan.
Flannigan is ranked nine in the country and has won all 11 of his outings and while the February 3 clash at the Bowler's Arena, Manchester, is a tough ask, Moises' trainer Graham Everett knows his man will go in perfectly prepared against the southpaw.
'Scott has what looks on paper a very difficult assignment against the local boy but with three weeks notice and some top southpaw sparring lined up with the Walsh twins, Liam and Ryan, plus Nathan Dale and a local top amateur I believe he can give Flannigan all the trouble he can handle and hopefully pull off a shock and gatecrash the British top 10,' he said.
'To be honest, it is a win-win situation for Scott - he has nothing to lose and everything to gain.
'One thing is for sure, Scott will be in great shape, well prepared physically and mentally.'
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available priced at �40 and �60 on 07707 381906.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 6 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 9 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 10 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses