Norwich and North Walsham set for rare clash in Woodfordes Norfolk Cup semi-finals
- Credit: Archant
North Walsham host Norwich in the Woodfordes Norfolk Cup semi-finals at Scottow tomorrow, in the first meeting of the clubs since the 2005-06 season.
Although Aki Downing returned to action for the Vikings last week he is unavailable so Stuart Loose will retain his place with Tim Weber on the bench as cover. Chris Godwin, who notched up his 200th start last week, is unavailable and second row Jono Lawson is injured so Tom Coller and Chris Kent are the most likely combination for the second row with the experienced Pena Sokia coming into the back row.
In the back line, Andreas Robertson is away but Will Hodgson and Mike Braans are free to play and will give the midfield a familiar look.
Norwich head to Scottow with some significant absentees in captain Gareth Leake, JJ Raven, Tom Moss and Si Darby.
A friendly between the clubs' second strings will kick-off at 1pm, followed by the cup final at 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
Both games will be preceded by a minute's silence in tribute to Kevin Austin, who served both clubs with distinction and whose sons Nick and Laurence also played at Scottow and will be in action for Norwich.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 5 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 6 Brothers take wedding bookings for 2022 after finishing barn project
- 7 Town left at standstill after level crossing failure
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Seven lockdown rules that could change