North West Norfolk League round-up: Winch up the Creake after Davies’ fine double
Despite the bad weather there was still a decent amount of games played in the Seddon-backed leagues on Saturday.
Division One leaders Lynn North End won again while Gayton drew 3-3 with Sedgeford, despite being 3-0 up. South Creake beat West Winch 4-0 to make it three wins on the bounce. CK Caravan man of the match Adam Davies (2), Tom Raisbury and Luke Goss found the net.
In Division Two, goals from Matt Pooley (2), Lee Dix (2) and Adam Darlow helped Smithdon beat Hunstanton, who netted a consolation through Russell King, 5-1.
Daniel Twaite (2), Jamie Twaite and Brad Key scored as Lynn Retreat beat Redgate Rangers Reserves 4-1 in Division Three. The victors' man of the match was James Ringwood.
The division's table-toppers Lynn Williams won 5-1 at The Woottons. Carl Muffett (2), Dave Thorrold, Lee Parkin, joint man of the match with Dan Tyers, and Martin Harrow found the net for Williams.
You may also want to watch:
Division Four leaders Snettisham played their best football of the season to win 3-2 at home to Great Massingham Reserves. Chris May, Scott Deadman and Chris Cornell scored for the Maroons, who thanked Alan and all at the town's Queen Victoria for sponsoring jackets and laying on refreshments after home matches.
Docking beat Ingoldisthorpe A 3-0 thanks to strikes from Kenny Rushton (2) and Carl Meek and a fine display from man of the match Jess Desborough.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
?- In the Anglian Combination, Premier Division Dersingham Rovers let a two-goal lead slip to lose 3-2 at home to Wroxham Reserves. Matthew Blake and Trevor Daniels scored for Rovers. Adam Seals was their man of the match.
In Division Six, in-form Redgate made it nine wins from 10 with a 7-0 win over Martham Reserves. Matt Prudence (2), Steve Fisher, Jack Lincoln, Daniel Dean, Ben Swales and player-manager Danny Lincoln netted. Rangers' match day sponsor was Adorn Tattooing.