North West Norfolk League round-up: Royals maintain 100pc record with Norfolk Primary Cup win
Division Two Discovery Royals maintained their 100pc start to the season on Saturday by winning 2-0 at Cromer in the Norfolk Primary Cup.
Smithdon Hunstanton beat a spirited Ellingham 1-0 thanks to an own goal and some fine saves from man of the match Neil Walden. There were also third round wins for William Burt, Flitcham, Gayton United Reserves and Castle Rising. Riverside travel to Sporle at the weekend for a replay after drawing on Saturday.
Dersingham Reserves, Docking, Lynn Retreat, Hunstanton, and Lynn Williams - who lost 3-2 at Stoke Ferry despite goals from Steven Hornigold and man of the match Martin Harrowing - all exited the competition following defeats.
In league action, Division One leaders Lynn North End beat Sedgeford 8-1 while Watlington gained their first win of the term by triumphing 3-0 at Heacham.
Division Two's only game saw Denver beat Ingoldisthorpe Reserves 5-3 with goals coming from Alex Oughton, Martyn Bandy and a hat-trick from Morris Armitage/PKS construction man of the match Matthew Chapman.
Gaywood hammered Heacham Reserves 8-1 to keep up the pressure on table-topping Redgate Rangers Reserves who won 2-1 at home to Greyfriars.
In Division Four there were big wins for Snettisham, 7-0 against Woottons Reserves, and Tilney. They beat Watlington Reserves 9-0 as Liam Peart (4), Jason Pease (2), Paul Henry (2) and captain Darren Browne found the net. Tilney's man of the match was Alex Bone.
- 1 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 2 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 5 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 6 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 7 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 8 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 9 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 10 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
Goals from Peter Bloom and man of the match Christian Manning helped Pentney edge out Marshland Saints 2-1 while South Creake Reserves beat River Lane Rangers 3-2. James Page, Darren Studd and Johnny Fisher netted for Creake. Danny Overton and Jon Leadley replied for Rangers. Creake thanked Matty Kemp for refereeing.
- In the Anglian Combination Premier Division, Dersingham Rovers beat St Andrews 3-0. Goals from the English brothers, Paul and Gary, and Lee Hyde sealed Rovers' win.