North West Norfolk League round-up: Royals maintain 100pc record with Norfolk Primary Cup win
Division Two Discovery Royals maintained their 100pc start to the season on Saturday by winning 2-0 at Cromer in the Norfolk Primary Cup.
Smithdon Hunstanton beat a spirited Ellingham 1-0 thanks to an own goal and some fine saves from man of the match Neil Walden. There were also third round wins for William Burt, Flitcham, Gayton United Reserves and Castle Rising. Riverside travel to Sporle at the weekend for a replay after drawing on Saturday.
Dersingham Reserves, Docking, Lynn Retreat, Hunstanton, and Lynn Williams - who lost 3-2 at Stoke Ferry despite goals from Steven Hornigold and man of the match Martin Harrowing - all exited the competition following defeats.
In league action, Division One leaders Lynn North End beat Sedgeford 8-1 while Watlington gained their first win of the term by triumphing 3-0 at Heacham.
Division Two's only game saw Denver beat Ingoldisthorpe Reserves 5-3 with goals coming from Alex Oughton, Martyn Bandy and a hat-trick from Morris Armitage/PKS construction man of the match Matthew Chapman.
You may also want to watch:
Gaywood hammered Heacham Reserves 8-1 to keep up the pressure on table-topping Redgate Rangers Reserves who won 2-1 at home to Greyfriars.
In Division Four there were big wins for Snettisham, 7-0 against Woottons Reserves, and Tilney. They beat Watlington Reserves 9-0 as Liam Peart (4), Jason Pease (2), Paul Henry (2) and captain Darren Browne found the net. Tilney's man of the match was Alex Bone.
- 1 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 2 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 5 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 6 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 7 Former village pub for sale as home
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 10 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000
Goals from Peter Bloom and man of the match Christian Manning helped Pentney edge out Marshland Saints 2-1 while South Creake Reserves beat River Lane Rangers 3-2. James Page, Darren Studd and Johnny Fisher netted for Creake. Danny Overton and Jon Leadley replied for Rangers. Creake thanked Matty Kemp for refereeing.
- In the Anglian Combination Premier Division, Dersingham Rovers beat St Andrews 3-0. Goals from the English brothers, Paul and Gary, and Lee Hyde sealed Rovers' win.