North West Norfolk League round-up: Mixed emotions for sides in Norfolk Junior Cup
League action was put to one side on Saturday as teams took part in the Norfolk Junior Cup First Round.
South Creake had a bare 11 for the visit of Shipdham but triumphed 2-0 despite ending the game with 10 men after skipper Nathan Boon had to depart early to catch a flight to Disneyland Paris.
Creake, wearing their new kit sponsored by CK Caravans Services, scored two second-half goals through man of the match Conor Welch to win the tie.
Division One champions Lynn North End came through what looked like a tough away challenge at St Andrews Reserves. Goals from Ashley Keegan, Tom Anderson, Ashley Smith, Lee Toll and Gavin Proctor helped seal a 5-0 victory.
Manager Alan Cooke said he 'couldn't praise his team highly enough' and singled out his side's back four which was led excellently by the always exceptional veteran Kevin Leggett and Luke Greer.
He also said Anderson and Keegan were outstanding in midfield but gave man of the match to Tom Doughty.
Gayton United, who won 6-3 at Sedgeford in a fierce game, booked their place in the next round along with Ingoldisthorpe. They beat South Yarmouth 4-1.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 3 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 4 'Not our problem' - Tyre mountain boss exports 350 tonnes of rubber 'I know not where'
- 5 Two men arrested after fire caused by disposable BBQ at country park
- 6 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 7 Plans for roundabout at accident blackspot could be lodged 'in next couple of months'
- 8 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 9 Man who rushed to help woman stabbed in city park feared she might die
- 10 Flood alerts pass off peacefully along the north Norfolk coast
West Winch took Gimingham United to extra-time only to lose 6-5 while Heacham lost by the odd goal in 5 at Hingham Athletic. There were walkover victories for Great Massingham, Watlington and former NWNL outfit Redgate Rangers.
- Elsewhere, in the Anglian Combination Premier Division, Dersingham Rovers drew 1-1 at Loddon United. Rovers fell behind to 10-man Loddon, who had a player sent off in the 60th minute, but equalised through debutant and man of the match Zac Fountain. Matthew Hails and Daniel 'Nipper' Pearman were also in excellent form for Rovers.