North West Norfolk League round-up: Mixed emotions for sides in Norfolk Primary Cup
It was a mixed Saturday for North West Norfolk League teams as they made their bow in this season's Norfolk Primary Cup.
Denver made the short trip to Central and South Norfolk League Stoke Ferry - who had already notched an impressive 22 goals in four games this term. They added two more at the weekend as goals from Harley Beard and a 20-yard rocket from Andrew Day dumped Denver out of the competition.
There was more local pride at stake when Redgate Rangers Reserves met Docking. A Carl Meek goal saw Docking take control of the clash between two NWNL teams at the break before Ash Woodhouse's first senior goal increased his side's hold on the game.
Rangers pulled one back and could have grabbed an equaliser had it not been for in-form goalkeeper Bradley Gollaglee.
Discovery Royals hammered West Lynn 5-2, thanks in large to a first-half hat-trick from Liam Bowley. Mason Edge and Ryan Smith also netted for Royals with Lynn's consolation goals coming from Tim Conor and Danny Vertigan.
You may also want to watch:
'Super' Mario Marranzini saved a first-half penalty and was rewarded as man of the match Luke Girling gave Tilney the lead before the break against Ingoldisthorpe Reserves.
However, two second-half strikes from the visitors saw them book their place in the next round.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 10 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
Lynn Williams joined Thorpe in the next round by winning a topsy-turvy game 6-3 at Rocklands. Martin Harrowing and Paul Abbott's brace saw the scores deadlocked at the break. Harrowing netted again and Jay Braham also scored twice to seal their side's fine win.
Greyfriars continued their good form with a 6-2 victory over Heacham Reserves. Damien Allen netted twice as Friars roared into the lead before Luke Gale seemed to have secured the win.
However, Heacham staged a storming comeback and pulled it back to 3-2 before Gale found the net again before two more goals secured Greyfriars victory.
- Former NWNL side Redgate Rangers kept up their 100pc start to the season by annihilating Brandon Reserves 9-1.
Danny Lincoln's charges breezed to their fifth win on the bounce as Jordan Groom, Jack Lincoln and Mark Sainty put Rangers' 3-0 up inside 10 minutes. Stevie Fisher and Stuart Deadman made it 5-1 before the break.
Lloyd Drewery, Matty Prudence, Fisher and Sainty completed the rout by slotting home after the break. Redgate travel to Scole Reserves on Saturday in an Anglian Combination Division Six top of the table clash.