North West Norfolk League round-up: Junior Cup joy for Gayton United but Lynn North End crash out
It was mixed fortunes in the Norfolk Junior Cup on Saturday as Gayton United won, Lynn North End lost and Great Massingham drew.
Gayton won their all North West Norfolk League third round tie 4-1 against Ingoldisthorpe but Division One champions North End crashed out to UEA by the same scoreline. Massingham host Sprowston Athletic this weekend after drawing 4-4 after-extra-time.
In league action there were 100 goals scored in 17 games. Division Four went crazy with Docking winning 12-1 against Castle Rising Reserves. Man of the match Billy Brotherton netted a hat-trick. Tilney ran in six goals against Woottons Reserves, including a strike from 'keeper Mario Marranzini and a rare finish from captain Darren Brown. Their side's man of the match however went to Steven 'Fifty Pence' Bargewell.
In Division Three, leaders Lynn Williams drew 2-2 with Redgate Rangers. Jamie Flores helped himself to a brace but defender Paul Abbott was man of the match. Goals from Bobby Russell, Mark Sherratt and man of the match Bradley Key helped Lynn Retreat come from behind to beat Birchwood.
In Division Two, Discovery Royals maintained their 100pc start by hammering Flitcham 8-2. Denver also hit the same number of goals to record their biggest victory for almost five years - and their first win of the season. Morris Armitage/PKS Construction Denver man of the match Alex Oughton plundered a hat-trick while Ryan Morley (2), Matthew Chapman, Michael Ballard and Martyn Bandy scored as their side beat Hunstanton 8-1. Both teams had a player sent off.
You may also want to watch:
In Division One, South Creake got their first win of the season by beating Watlington 4-2.
In other news, West Winch are looking for players. Anyone looking to join the club, who have played in the NWNL - sponsored by Seddon - for many years, should contact James Slack on 07972593954. The NWNL would also like to congratulate results secretary Dan Studd and his wife on the birth of their twins.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 6 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 7 The top-rated McDonald's in Norfolk according to Tripadvisor
- 8 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'