North West Norfolk League round-up: Football returns and teams go goal crazy
A total of 100 goals were scored across all four divisions as the league returned after an enforced two-week break.
Twelve of those came as South Creake, who found the net through CK Caravan man of the match Connor Welch, Kevin Clipston and James Page, lost 9-3 at Lynn North End in League Cup Group A action. Gayton hammered Great Massingham 7-0, while in Group B Ingoldisthorpe won 7-1 at West Winch.
In Division Two, Lee Dix (2), Matt Pooley (2), Andrew Dix and Manny Sayers all notched as Smithdon beat Hunstanton 6-1 in a seaside derby. Division Three leaders Lynn Williams were beaten 3-2 by Birchwood. Ben English, Andrew Wood and Dean Iliff scored for Wood. Their man of the match was Darren Smith. Williams' goalscorers were Carl Muffett and Steven Hornigold. Their man of the match was Martin Harrowing.
In Division Four, Lewis Kerr (2), Chris Cornell and a debut goal from Anton Ely helped Snettisham beat Lynn Napier Reserves 4-1. Joint man of the match Paul Henry (3), who shared the award with Steve Norman, Grant Varnham (3) and Adam Chenery notched in Tilney's 7-0 triumph over Pentney.
Kenny Rushton and Carl Meek's goals were not enough to prevent Castle Rising Reserves losing 3-2 to Docking. Billy Brotherton was Rising's man of the match. A similar prize went to Ben Tipler who bagged a hat-trick to help South Creake Reserves beat Marshland Saints 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, in Anglian Combination Division Six, West Norfolk-based Redgate Rangers secured a crucial 3-1 win over promotion rivals Hingham Athletic.
Avenging their earlier defeat to Athletic, Redgate equalised through Steve Fisher's header before the striker bagged a second-half brace, to complete his treble, and seal a vital win – and inflict Hingham's first defeat.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Broadband down across Norfolk as Sky internet hit by issue
- 3 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
Danny Lincoln's league leaders sit three points clear of Feltwell United, having played a game more, and eight clear of Hingham – who have two matches in hand. Redgate's match-day sponsor was King's Lynn Website Design.