North West Norfolk League round-up: Division Four goes 36-goal crazy
After a two-week break for county cup games all teams were back in league action on Saturday - and most went goal crazy.
Just six games in Division Four produced a staggering 36 goals with Lynn Napier Reserves banging almost a third of them home in an 11-1 thrashing of bottom side Ingoldisthorpe A.
Waltington Reserves clinched their first points in this term's North West Norfolk League, which is sponsored by Seddon, with a 1-1 draw at Docking. Ed Coleridge put Watlington ahead before they hit the bar serval times in search of a winner. However, Carl Meek's equaliser meant they picked up one point and not three.
Division Three Lynn Williams slipped to their first loss, despite going 1-0 ahead at Wiggenhall through Jay Branham. However, two goals from the hosts, including a late penalty, secured their comeback win.
Lynn Retreat and Redgate Rangers Reserves played out a thrilling 3-3 draw. Perry Cracknell, Harry Garwood and Thom Large netted for Rangers. Kris Smith (2) and Bobby Russell replied for Retreat.
A 3-1 win for Greyfrairs at home to promoted but struggling West Lynn clinched their third victory on the bounce. Luke Gale (2) and player/manager Damien Allen secured Friars' win.
For the second week running, Liam Bowley was on form and bagged two goals in Discovery Royals 3-0 win at Riverside. Castle Rising's fine spell also continued as they maintained their unbeaten start with a 5-1 win at Hunstanton.
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 2 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 3 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 4 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 5 9 West End shows heading to Norwich in 2023
- 6 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 7 Met Office to build 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar after winning appeal
- 8 Congestion eases after crash on outskirts of Norwich by A47 junction
- 9 7 riverside walks to try in Norfolk with a pub pit stop
- 10 Brick and flint north Norfolk cottage a stone's throw from the beach on sale for £650k
Rising's goals came from Pete Melerski (2), Sam Hewitt, Kenzie Corbett and Brian King. Elsewhere, a Darren Hewitt hat-trick and goals from Dane Hipkin and Chris Freeman helped Dersingham Rovers Reserves win 5-1 at Denver. Lynn Napier kept up their 100pc record with a 3-2 win over William Burt.
In Division One, Great Massingham beat Waltington 2-1 while South Creake drew 5-5 with Ingoldisthorpe thanks to goals from Nathan Boon, Tom Shoemakers, Tom Raisbury, Conor Welch and Carl Adcock.
Lynn North End kept up their 100pc start with a 3-1 win over Gayton United. Ash Smith, Chris Maslin and Ashley Keegan netted for End.
• Former NWNL side Redgate Rangers won a fiery game 6-0 at Scole United Reserves. Mark Sainty (3), Dean Twaite-Smith and player/manager Danny Lincoln netted as Rangers' kept up their 100pc start in Anglian Combination Division Six.