North West Norfolk League round-up: Creake hit back after poor start
South Creake claimed their first away win of the campaign in Division One – but they couldn't have got off to a worse start at Great Massingham.
Creake were a goal down after just 10 seconds, but battled back and equalised when Kev Clipston headed home Ian Bulley's corner.
They took the lead in the second half when Bulley fired home from 20 yards and not long after it was 3-1, when CK Caravan Man of the Match Jamie Broady headed in Dan Studd's corner.
Great Massingham got back into the game in the last two minutes from the penalty spot, but Creake held on.
Division Two leaders Discovery Royals travelled to bottom-of-the-table Hunstanton, and after a slow they soon got into top gear and secured a 7-0 victory, which included hat-tricks for David Yallop and Liam Bowley.
You may also want to watch:
Castle Rising suffered their first defeat of the season, going down 6-3 to Dersingham Reserves, whose goals came from Darren Hewitt (4), Ben Clemans and Dane Hipkin. William Burt closed the gap at the top and made it four straight wins with victory against Smithdon, with goals from Harry Bennett, Wayne Mitchell, Tommy Littlewood, Lee Somerton and a definite contender for goal of the season from Ben Wiles. Burt's man of the match was the very hard working Littlewood.
Division Three leaders Lynn Williams had to recover from three goals down to get a well-earned draw against Gayton United Reserves. Lynn Williams' man of the match, Martin Harrowing, was again amongst the goals with a brace. Birchwood secured a convincing 6-1 win against Gaywood thanks to a hat-trick from Andrew Wood, which included his 100th goal for the club. West Lynn came from behind to beat Redgate Rangers Reserves, but had to rely on two own goals. West Lynn thank Brandon Grimes for going in goal and man of the match went to Simon Batterham.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 6 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 7 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 8 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 9 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 10 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
Snettisham kept things tight at the top of Division Four, beating Watlington Reserves 9-0 – Kelvin Kerr scored his first-ever hat-trick, with others from Lewi Kerr (2), Lewi Batterbee (2), and Kieran and Callum O'Grady.