North Walsham win a Vivienne Trophy nail-biter
Yetton and Yetton Plate action resumed after the bad weather, along with the Vivienne Trophy. In the Vivienne zone semi-final the game between Norfolk BC and North Walsham turned out to be a real nail-biter.
Yetton and Yetton Plate action resumed after the bad weather, along with the Vivienne Trophy.
In the Vivienne zone semi-final the game between Norfolk BC and North Walsham turned out to be a real nail-biter. Walsham led by two shots after five ends but Norfolk were ahead by the same margain after 10. Norfolk then eased into an eight shot lead, only for Walsham to rally to level the score at 18 ends before showing what they were made of as they shot to an 82-70 victory. North Walsham now play Acle who had a very comfortable 90-62 over Beccles.
Rink scores (North Walsham first): Joyce Pycroft, Jean Browes, Ruby Stubbs, Anne Morter 21; Jill Carr, June Bulcock, Janet Lockwood, Peggy Neal 15; Hazel Bell, Pat Brett, Sheila Chrysall, Sally White 18; Iris Makepeace, Audrey Posford, Edna Smith, Brenda Jones 21; Ros Sewell, Ivy Harmer, Nina Woods, Janis Lawrence 25; Ann Middleton, Margaret Davies, Cherry Smith, Liz Dickerson 17; Margaret Southgate, Audrey Wright, Audrey Robbins, Bridget Mason 18; Maggie Holsworth, Carol Bardwell, Sylvia Utting, Margaret Cracknell 17.
In the Yetton zone final, Acle beat North Walsham 95-72. They now go forward to play Colchester or Tilbury at the next stage. Beccles beat County Arts 75-68 in the Yetton Plate zone final and will now face Essex County.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town