North Walsham head to Colchester for final league match of season
- Credit: Archant
North Walsham wrap up their league season with a trip to Colchester on Saturday.
The Essex side are currently third in London One North, well adrift of Brentwood and Chingford who have the promotion and play-off places sewn up.
Despite their relatively close location, regular fixtures did not start until the 2011-12 season and Colchester have emerged winners six of the seven times the clubs have met.
Coach James Brooks will be taking charge of the side for his final league game before heading off to a new challenge and can look back on his time in charge with a degree of satisfaction, with respectable end of season positions despite having a relatively small squad.
In the final few weeks of the season he has had more players available but with the Norfolk Cup Final at Diss in a couple of weeks could decide to rest one or two so the squad that did so well against Eton Manor last week is likely to show changes.
You may also want to watch:
Up front Acky Downing is out as he gets married on Sunday while flanker Ed Sampson is on holiday. Dane Canning, who picked up an injury a few weeks ago, needs at least another week before returning. Tim Weber is favourite to start at prop while Sampson's replacement is likely to be Will Haynes.
The backs will almost certainly show changes. James Knight was on the bench last week as he had been unable to train due to work commitments but will resume alongside Will Hodgson. Jim Riley is unavailable so Dan Smith will move to the wing while Harry Downing goes to full back as Josh Brown is rested.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
The Raiders are travelling to play Shelford III and should go with boosted confidence following their good win over Thurston last week.
North Walsham (from): F Scott, W Swart, T Browes, T Weber, R Oakes, R Miller, T Scotland, W Haynes, C Godwin, W Hodgson, J Duffield, J Knight, L Thomson, M Braans, D Smith, J Mustard, H Downing, T Knight.
Diss round off their campaign with at home to bottom side South Woodham Ferrers and could rise a place to 10th if they win.
Meanwhile, Southwold will be hoping to book a place in London Two North East when they host Lodnon side Millwall in a play-off match.