North Walsham set to return to action in Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
North Walsham's players will be raring to go tomorrow, having had two weeks off - one scheduled and one for adverse weather.
But they will have a bit of catching up to do on their training, which was also curtailed by the snow, ahead of a return to London One North action at Old Haberdashers. On the plus side there should be few injury problems, with Chris Godwin and Jim Riley, who picked up injuries in the narrow win at Diss last time out, set to be fit for selection.
Also back in contention following recovery from injury are Jordan Mustard and Harry Downing who will be likely to figure in coach James Brooks' selection deliberations. But there will be some absentees including prop Dane Canning and backs Ben O'Hickey and Dan Smith who all have work commitments.
Hertfordshire side Haberdashers spent just the one season, 2013-14, in London One North before being relegated, regrouped and moved back by winning promotion from London Two North West. This time around as they have had a decent season, winning eight of their 20 games and sit safely in ninth place.
In the Scottow fixture back in November the Vikings came out on top 26-22, having been 12-15 down at the interval.
You may also want to watch:
North Walsham (from): A Downing, W Swart, L Brown-Bates, T Browes, R Oakes, R Miller, T Scotland, C Godwin, T Knight, W Haynes, W Hodgson, J Duffield, J Knight, M Braans, J Riley, H Downing, J Brown, L Thomson, J Mustard.
Diss have a tough assignment in the same section, with second placed Chingford due at Mackenders.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 10 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
Like leaders Brentwood they have won 18 of their 20 games and are currently just one point off top spot. They won the reverse fixture 41-12 back in November.
North Walsham Raiders welcome Ipswich YM to Scottow for a Greene King Eastern Counties Shield game. Despite the loss of key players Seb Roberts, Aaron Beaumont and Ian Webster with season ending injuries and Liam Clark and Ted Morgan the squad will be boosted by new signings Ed Jones, Liam Haylett and Nathan Bensley as well as George Isbell and Joe Fairweather, who are now of an age to move into senior rugby.