North Walsham Raiders win game they were told they had lost!
- Credit: Archant
Ahead throughout the game, North Walsham Raiders were pushed all the way by a strong Great Yarmouth-Broadland side, hanging on through five minutes of added time.
Raiders were shocked when the referee announced the visitors had won but after checking his scorecard he announced that the home side had come out on top 44-41,
The Raiders' tries came from Ted Morgan (3), Freddie Henley-Hunter, Harry Dye and Will Quinn, with Morgan adding two conversions.
Norwich Union put the previous week's sloppy display to bed as a commanding performance saw them run out comprehensive 30-14 winners over visitors Diss Saracens.
Craig Dunbar powered over to open the scoring before a good finish from Callum Slaughter and further tries from Jon Spicker and Ben Bond-Webster made it 20-7 at the break.
You may also want to watch:
Michael Shucksmith and Dunbar added further tries in the second half before Diss reduced the arrears.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job