North Walsham are ready for quick re-match in RFU Intermediate Cup
Having beaten Stowmarket convincingly last week, scoring nine tries without reply, North Walsham Vikings should need no motivation when the Suffolk side come to Scottow tomorrow, competing for a place in the third round of the RFU Intermediate Cup.
However, Nick Greenhall has been around long enough as player and coach to know that there will inevitably be a need to caution against complacency, not least because Stowmarket will be looking for a better performance this time around.
He could be tempted, although it is unlikely, to stand down several of last week's winning side and replace them with some less experienced players.
More likely he will keep the core of the side together, bringing back players missing last week and only resting those with an injury.
In the forwards prop Keith Fowles has work commitments so Stuart Loose is primed to return.
You may also want to watch:
With the rules stating that there have to be two front row replacements on the bench Dom Roberts is likely to be first pick with either Aki Downing or Dan Goodrich, who have both impressed for the Raiders, joining him.
Skipper Andy Tibbatts is away so there could be a first start for Danny Berghan, who came off the bench last week. scoring a couple of tries.
- 1 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 4 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 5 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 6 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 9 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
He could be joined by his cousin Reuben, another of whom good reports have been passed to Greenhall.
Behind the pack Dean Blyth could have another week off with Henry Dewing pairing up with Chris Borrett. Will Hodgson and James Knight will probably form a new centre partnership, allowing Adie Ball to drop to full back with Shawn Cahill and Shane van Vuuren on the flanks.
The Raiders have no game this weekend but will be at Scottow in force to support the Vikings.
Lowestoft and Yarmouth will be aiming to put a poor run of form behind them when they travel to Chelmsford in the same competition. Having started the season well L&Y have lost their previous three London 2NE fixtures while shipping a total of 115 points.