Noroflk’s finest head to Norwich for county track and field championships
- Credit: PA
There will be a packed programme of events as the county's finest gather for the Norfolk track and field championships at Sportspark in Norwich this weekend.
The first event tomorrow will be the hammer, which gets under way at 10am, and there are likely to be some outstanding long throws.
In the shot, at 2pm, Sophie McKinna, from Great Yarmouth will be making an attempt to achieve the world championship qualifying distance from her favourite circle.
The men's long jump should see a battle between Scottish international James McLachlan and Schools international Wesley Matsuka Williams.
In addition, the first of the Quadkids events for young athletes will be incorporated into the meeting.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 3 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 4 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 7 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 8 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 9 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 10 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
10am hammer (all age groups), 10.30am long jump (U15B & U17 men & women), 11am pole vault (all age groups), noon standing long jump (U11 boys, Pit 2), 12.30pm standing long jump (U11 girls, Pit 2), 12.30pm shot (men U17 up), 12.30pm discus (U13 boys & girls), 1pm Howlers (U11 boys, javelin area by 600m start line), 1.30pm Howlers (U11 girls, javelin area by 600m start line), 2pm discus (men U15 up), 2pm long jump (U13 boys), 2pm shot (women U17 up), 3.35pm long jump (men and women U20 up), 4pm discus (women U15 up), 3.30pm shot (U13 & U15 girls).
10.30am high jump (men and women U17 upwards), 10.30am javelin (U13 & U15 boys), 10.30am long jump (U15 girls), 11.45am softball (Special Olympics), 12.30pm long jump (U13 Girls), 12.45pm Turbo Jav & Shot (Special Olympics), 12.45pm javelin (U13 & U15 girls), 1.30pm high jump (U13 & U15 boys & girls), 2.15pm long jump (Special Olympics, Pit 2), 2.45pm javelin (men and women. U17 upwards), 2.30pm triple jump (all age groups), 3.45pm shot (U13 & U15 boys).
Number of trials: U11s (Quadkid rules). three consecutive throws/jumps, only furthest distance measured. Throws & horizontal jumps. three trials with top six in each age group offered three extra trials; Pole vault and high jump. normal progression until only three athletes overall left (no opening heights).