Norfolk youth league and cup success for Sprowston
Sprowston Lads Under-16 footballers are celebrating a memorable treble – after losing just one match all season.
They completed a notable hat-trick of titles when beating North Walsham 4-0 in the final of the Norfolk Youth Combination Under-16 League Cup at Gaymers Meadow, Attleborough.
The team, managed by Mark Starkings, secured the trophy with two goals from Luke Thacker plus strikes from Jamie Smith and Rhys Cousins.
There was consolation for the runners-up when Walsham's Danny Crosby was named man of the match.
Sprowston had already been crowned Under-16A champions, with 18 wins and one defeat from their 20 league matches.
You may also want to watch:
Their first trophy come in March, beating East Lynn 5-0 in the John Savage Cup final at Aldiss Park.
They finished the season with a tally of 160 goals.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 6 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
• Pictured is Sprowston's squad: (back row, from left) Callum Dorrell, Dominic Shaw, Sam Harty, Liam Young, Rupert King, Jack Wardale, Rio Starkings, Luke Thacker, Jacob Doorman; (front) Rhys Cousins, Payton Swatman, Dylan Daniels, Leon Mallett, Jamie Smith, Sam Campbell.