Norfolk youth league and cup success for Sprowston
Sprowston Lads Under-16 footballers are celebrating a memorable treble – after losing just one match all season.
They completed a notable hat-trick of titles when beating North Walsham 4-0 in the final of the Norfolk Youth Combination Under-16 League Cup at Gaymers Meadow, Attleborough.
The team, managed by Mark Starkings, secured the trophy with two goals from Luke Thacker plus strikes from Jamie Smith and Rhys Cousins.
There was consolation for the runners-up when Walsham's Danny Crosby was named man of the match.
Sprowston had already been crowned Under-16A champions, with 18 wins and one defeat from their 20 league matches.
You may also want to watch:
Their first trophy come in March, beating East Lynn 5-0 in the John Savage Cup final at Aldiss Park.
They finished the season with a tally of 160 goals.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 7 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 8 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 9 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 10 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
• Pictured is Sprowston's squad: (back row, from left) Callum Dorrell, Dominic Shaw, Sam Harty, Liam Young, Rupert King, Jack Wardale, Rio Starkings, Luke Thacker, Jacob Doorman; (front) Rhys Cousins, Payton Swatman, Dylan Daniels, Leon Mallett, Jamie Smith, Sam Campbell.