Norfolk clinch FA County Youth Cup crown
- Credit: Archant
History repeated itself as Lewis Johnson and Ryan Miles fired Norfolk to victory over Staffordshire to win the FA County Youth Cup.
Seven years ago, Norfolk's Under-18s had beaten their hosts 4-2 – on Saturday they were delighted to come away from Stoke City's bet365 Stadium as 2-0 winners.
Norfolk were first to threaten through Miles, who, following a free-kick into the box, did his best to bring an aerial ball down for a strike at goal but his eventual effort was too tame to trouble the opposition keeper.
Goalie Billy Johnson was forced to save from a close-range effort and shortly before half-time, Miles Palmer crossed into the area but Staffs goalie Jamie Pardington bravely gathered to snuff out the danger.
Norfolk turned the screw in the second period and, from a corner, Archie Galley side-footed narrowly wide, with Pardington sprawling, while a long throw from Josh Ford very nearly created an opening.
You may also want to watch:
The breakthrough came on 77 minutes when from an inswinging corner kick whipped towards the front post, Johnson stole a march on his marker and nodded home.
Norfolk made it safe when Miles scored from the penalty spot.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash