Norfolk youngsters round off a difficult season in style
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk Under-14s have had a tough season playing regularly against first class counties, but rounded off the year with two victories on tour in Bromsgrove.
The first game against Guernsey Under-15s, which was reduced to 30 overs a side because of the weather, saw Norfolk bowl the opposition out for 104 and chased the runs down for the loss of three wickets, with Jack Robertson striking 71 not out.
After a wash-out on the second day Norfolk, sponsored by One Broker, played Oxfordshire and feared the worst after collapsing to 81 all out. However, in a fine fightback led by Archie Bradnock, who took 6-20, they bowled Oxfordshire out for 62.
Norfolk Under-10s, sponsored by NFU Mutual Norfolk Branch, travelled to Etwall for the first day of their mini tour.
The Norfolk bowlers ripped through the Derbyshire top order to leave them on 32-6 before they recovered to 112 all out. Pick of the bowlers was Will Panter with impressive figures of 4-6.
You may also want to watch:
In reply Norfolk struggled against a strong attack and only Adam Robson (10) and Lawry Williams (17) made double figures as they were all out for 64.
They then travelled to Attenborough CC to play Nottinghamshire and bowled the hosts out for just 51, with Reynolds taking 3-2. Norfolk slipped to 39-7 in reply and it was left to Thomas Robson and captain Lewis Reeder to see them home.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 3 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 4 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 7 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 8 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 9 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 10 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
Norfolk Under-13s rounded off their season in fine style by comprehensively winning all three of their Bromsgrove Festival fixtures to maintain a perfect record.
Norfolk, sponsored by SCJ Nunn Surfacing, first beat Carmarthenshire by 120 runs after posting 172-7 (Freddie Fairey 48 not out, Charlie Barber 4-3-1-3, Harry De-Coteau Spring 0.5-0-0-2, Cameron Graveling 8-1-13-2).
Against Bedfordshire Norfolk set an imposing 230-7 (Ben Wilcox 66. Cameron Tasker 65) and went on to win by 99 runs (De-Coteau Spring 8-0-28-4, Barber 6-0-27-3, Graveling 8-2-20-2).
In the final game against Buckinghamshire Norfolk posted 181-9 (Jonty Black 39) and won by 71 runs (Graveling (8-0-24-5, Barber 2.2-0-14-2, De-Coteau Spring (5-2-11-1).