Norfolk Women’s League roundup: Harleston Magpies IV remain in trouble at bottom of Premier Division
Harleston Magpies IV remain in trouble at the bottom of the Premier Division following a 2-1 defeat at Beccles.
Sarah Legg scored from a short corner for Magpies but later dragged a penalty flick wide as Beccles held on to their lead.
Panthers moved five points clear at the top courtesy of a 9-0 mauling of Dereham III. Gail Rudd (3), Gemma Rolph (2), Helen Morter (2), Georgine Stannett and Kim Love were Panthers' scorers.
Norwich City II's 4-0 win at home to Watton saw them stay in touch with the leaders. Maddie Taylor (2), Anna Horsley and Lauren Lawrie sealed a comfortable victory.
Division One leaders Norwich City III held on to top spot with a 4-0 victory at Harleston Magpies V. City's goalscorers were Jess Harris, Chris Fraser (2) and Debbie Bryant.
You may also want to watch:
Broadland II's clinical finishing ensured a 3-0 win at home to Norwich Dragons III. Nikki Richards, Nikki Baker and Nina Torin found the net.
Norwich Dragons III slipped to a 3-0 defeat against Broadland II. Broadland scored early on before adding two more in the second half, with Dragons keeper Amy Forse keeping the score down with some excellent saves.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 6 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 10 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
High-flying Diss proved too strong for North Walsham II in a 4-1 victory. Danni Strange and Toni Glover gave Diss a two-goal lead before Frankie Howard pulled one back. Strange and Sam Howard then clinched the win for Diss.
Katie Lake scored the only goal as Reepham beat Dereham IV.
In Division Two, Norwich Dragons IV came from two goals down to beat Norwich City IV 4-1, with Dragons' goals coming from Lizzie McDonnell. Amy Brown, Steph Maher and Rosie Korn.
Teresa McInally and Annabel Kennard gave Norwich City IV a 2-0 lead against Norwich Dragons IV, but Dragons hit back to win 4-2.
City's sixth team were 7-1 winners over Old Buckenham II, with goals from Annabelle Conway (2), Jemma Pennick (2), Anita Barclay, Carey Briggs and Jo Tilson.
City thrashed Dragons 9-0 in the Development League, with Gus Welsh, Lauren Rowe, Mollae Scott (2), Millie Brown (2), Eve Barnes and Alice Hopgood (2) on target.