Huckerby at the double as Cringleford leads Vets League by five points
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Cringleford moved five points clear at the top of the Leathes Prior Veterans League Premiership with a 5-0 win at home to Tavern.
Darren Huckerby was amongst the goals with a brace with Karl Izzard, Matt Metcalf and Matt Gill completing the scoring.
Quebec lost at home to Horsford with Steven Middleton scoring the only goal of the game.
Mulbarton won their first game since January as they beat Taverham 3-2.
Thetford Town moved five points clear at the top of the Championship as they beat Wensum Albion 7-0. Steven Davies scored a hat-trick with Stephen Wycherley, David Richards, Mark Fowler and Morgan Crane all getting on the scoresheet.
You may also want to watch:
Colm McGilway scored all four against Scole United as North Walsham Town won 4-0. Wymondham Town beat Sole & Heel 3-1 to move up to third. Unthank Arms played out a 2-2 draw with Easton St Faiths. Peter Marrron scored a brace for Unthank Arms with Tim Wickham scoring twice for Easton.
In League One, Cottage beat Necton 5-1 to go seven points clear.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 6 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 7 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 8 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 9 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 10 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
Neil Burrage scored a hat-trick with Osa Odeh scoring a brace. Mattishall Wanderers beat Cringleford Old Boys 3-0 with Gavin Bland scoring a hat-trick – Wanderers remain unbeaten since September.
Costessey Sports beat Mundford Exiles 5-2 and remain in fourth spot, just a point behind Cringleford in second. Shaun Copland scored a brace for Costessey, with Mark Finch, Barry Caine and Martin Smith all scoring one apiece. Swaffham Town won back-to-back games with a 7-0 win at home to Harts. Keith Rix scored four, with Richard Metcalf, Ian Whittaker and Stephen Brown also on target.
East Harling won their third League Two game in four – 2-0 at Hethersett. Chris Bray and Nick Catchpole were the goalscorers for Harling. Micawbers Tavern won back-to-back games against Newsman Valhalla, with the latest a 3-2 win at home. The goals were shared between Chris Alger, Shaun Hudson and Lee Roach. The last game of the weekend came from Morley & Deopham as they played out a 0-0 draw with Erpingham.