Norfolk Under-15 girls earn a place against country’s best
An impressive performance by Norfolk county U15 girls squad saw them take top spot in their semi-finals tournament to make it into the Inter County Championships in January.
Their semi-final followed an earlier round success in October and was hosted by a well-organised Essex set-up at the Connaught Club in Chingford on Saturday.
They played three rounds against Essex, Kent and Devon, winning each round to take all available bonus points and win the semi-final overall.
Essex came second with an expected strong squad, but the Norfolk team had enough to take this and the other matches to complete a very mature first place.
The girls play for several different clubs across the county and are seeded so that they play their opposite number from the opposing clubs to ensure everyone gets an opportunity to have a fair and challenging game.
You may also want to watch:
The team is made up of Ella Hall, Jodie Dowe, Lucy Cox, Keira Martin and Maddie Smith.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 5 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 6 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 7 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 8 Norfolk lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 9 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 10 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk