Norfolk Under 15 girls clinch team title in Manchester
Norfolk's under 15 girls have won the national team title at the Sportshall Championships in Manchester.
The county's young athletes made the long journey to Sportscity, with the girls performing brilliantly in all of the events to narrowly beat Surrey for the crown.
Norfolk's under 13 girls came close, finishing narrowly behind Surrey.
The under 13 boys' team were fifth and the under 15 boys seventh in an event won by Donegal.
This continues the tradition of Norfolk producing outstanding Sportshall athletics teams – Olympic high jumper Chris Baker is just one of the local athletes to have progressed from this start in the sport.
You may also want to watch:
The first stage of the Youth Development League will take place at Sportspark on Sunday with the first event at 10.15am.
Norfolk's young athletes will be taking on Shaftsbury Barnet, Blackheath, Windsor, Reading and Crawley.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 9 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 10 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm