Norfolk Under 15 girls clinch team title in Manchester
Norfolk's under 15 girls have won the national team title at the Sportshall Championships in Manchester.
The county's young athletes made the long journey to Sportscity, with the girls performing brilliantly in all of the events to narrowly beat Surrey for the crown.
Norfolk's under 13 girls came close, finishing narrowly behind Surrey.
The under 13 boys' team were fifth and the under 15 boys seventh in an event won by Donegal.
This continues the tradition of Norfolk producing outstanding Sportshall athletics teams – Olympic high jumper Chris Baker is just one of the local athletes to have progressed from this start in the sport.
You may also want to watch:
The first stage of the Youth Development League will take place at Sportspark on Sunday with the first event at 10.15am.
Norfolk's young athletes will be taking on Shaftsbury Barnet, Blackheath, Windsor, Reading and Crawley.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre